Inyo Council for the arts is proud to provide a space for Eastern Sierra residents to enjoy live performances. We continually strive to bring high-quality shows in a variety of genres to our rural community. Please check the Events Calendar for upcoming shows. We are always looking for musicians wanting to perform for our eager audiences.
The following information may be useful to prospective performers:
- Great Location - In the center of downtown Bishop, the heart of California’s Eastern Sierra. It’s a perfect stop-over for musicians traveling between Los Angeles and Reno, Lake Tahoe or San Francisco. We are an enthusiastic arts-loving community and concerts are frequently sold out.
- Intimate Venue – Our 1,500 square-feet theater space features 100 seats, an ideal size for musicians that really want to connect with the audience. The theater is “black-box” style and the stage is expandable up to 8’ x 20’
- Friendly Service – ICA staff handles all pre-show promotion including website, e-newsletter (1000 contacts), Facebook invite (1000 friends), press releases to the local radio stations, newspapers, and blogs, and posting of flyers. ICA will handle ticket sales, staff the event, provide light refreshments, and provide sound. ICA’s staff members are always helpful, friendly and cooperative. We strive to create working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Schedule/Terms – ICA gladly accepts mid-week bookings. We offer a 2/3 performer – 1/3 house split on ticket sales. Contract terms are always fair and clearly communicated. No surprises!
- Recent ICA Theater Concerts: Buster Blue, Joyce Anderson, Ray Bonneville, David Lindley, Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas, Harvey Reid, Joe Craven, Jamie Laval, Richard Smith, and others.